Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Make October YOUR Month!
And then there's New Year January, the Ides of March, the Merry Month of May, The 4th of July, Thanksgiving November, Christmas December...
Well, if you're into promoting your business through PR tactics -- whether retail, service, B-to-B, B-to-C -- you might wish to re-think October. Or any month for that matter.
Welcome to the Season of the Witch edition of Not Your Usual Marketing Tips from JDK Marketing Communications Management.
It's a very popular, and tried and true approach, to associate one's business with a particular month. This is perfectly fine. Along with usually being perfectly obvious.
How about stepping outside the box, and bringing a less-observed date into the marketing mix?
Not only do you show to your clients and prospects a broader base of cultural reference, but you get the opportunity to uniquely and memorably make your selected date...your own.
Did you realize October alone offers these unique marketing tie-in dates?
• Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month
• Animal Safety and Protection Month
• Augmentative and Alternative Communication Awareness Month
• Bake and Decorate Month
• Bat Appreciation Month
• Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Car Care Month
• Celebrating the Bilingual Child Month
• Celiac Disease Awareness Month
• Children's Magazine Month
• Chili Month
• Chiropractic Month
• Church Library Month
• Co-op Awareness Month
• Crime Prevention Month
• Cyber Security Awareness Month
• Dental Hygiene Month
• Depression Education and Awareness Month
• Disability Employment Awareness Month
• Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• Down Syndrome Awareness Month
• Dyslexia Awareness Month
• Eat Better, Eat Together Month
• Emotional Intelligence Awareness Month
• Emotional Wellness Month
• Financial Planning Month
• German-American Heritage Month
• Global Diversity Awareness Month
• Go Hog Wild--Eat Country Ham Month
• Go on a Field Trip Month
• Halloween Safety Month
• Health Literacy Month
• Liver Awareness Month
• Long-Term Care Planning Month
• Medical Librarians Month
• Organize Your Medical Information Month
• Orthodontic Health Month
• Photographer Appreciation Month
• Physical Therapy Month
• Polish-American Heritage Month
• Popcorn Poppin' Month
• Positive Attitude Month
• Protect Your Hearing Month
• Raptor Month
• Reading Group Month
• Rett Syndrome Awareness Month
So go ahead, grab a date and make it your own. It's free!
What else is free? The first Tuesday of next month's installment of Not Your Usual Marketing Tips.
Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo,
NAWP, Visit Charlotte